Bath & Body

bath and body, nivea, in shower, body conditioner, people for plants, body cream, gingko, coconut, shea, bathox dry skin, shower gel, palmolive, body butter, strawberry smoother twoplicates, blogger, review, edit,

Well winter has passed and we’re officially into spring :) 
For the past few months, I’ve been trying to figure out what combination of stuff my skin has taken a liking towards, and what really moisturises the skin’s deeper layers.  I have rounded up 4 items (in no particular order) that were more “staples” during my body skin maintenance and shower rotation- hope you enjoy!

bath and body, nivea, in shower, body conditioner, people for plants, body cream, gingko, coconut, shea, bathox dry skin, shower gel, palmolive, body butter, strawberry smoother twoplicates, blogger, review, edit,

Bathox Shower Gel in Milk & Honey
I purchased this last year whilst looking for a new body wash.  Anything that is marketed with pH balanced gives me this inner sense of security knowing that the product wouldn't throw off the skin's acid mantle.  This is really moisturising and lathers well with a loofah, however I haven't used it as a bath foam (suggested as an option), so I can't really comment on that aspect.  This isn't something I would reach for everyday religiously as the scent is fairly rich.  Sometimes you just gotta change things up with something fruity/floral y'know.
The RRP of this is around $3.50, which is super affordable for 600mL! It lasts forever, smells like butter menthols in a bottle and the scent doesn't really linger.

People for Plants Body Cream in ginkgo, coconut, shea*
In comparison to the other products mentioned within this post, this one has a lighter formula, and because of that, it sinks right in.  The biggest part of why I like it is due to how fast it gets absorbed, there is virtually no need to wait around before chucking clothes on, soo convenient in winter!  Straight after rubbing it in, it leaves your skin with that weird feeling (not a bad feeling) that’s similar to after applying hydraluron on your skin…  
I’m not a huge fan of the scent, it’s not very coconutty or shea smelling, so I can only guess that the predominant smell is from the ginkgo (not sure what this actually smells like).  Best used in conjunction with moisturising bath & shower products I find :)

bath and body, nivea, in shower, body conditioner, people for plants, body cream, gingko, coconut, shea, bathox dry skin, shower gel, palmolive, body butter, strawberry smoother twoplicates, blogger, review, edit,

Nivea In-Shower Skin Conditioner
Ever since this was released earlier in the year, I have been reaching for it relatively frequently.  I know it's probably not giving my skin that in depth moisturisation, but it is the best alternative to apply your typical body moisturiser post-shower.  You can the full review and thoughts here.
All of these products are fairly moisturising, as you can tell.  I rarely am dedicated enough to actually follow through with shower gel > skin conditioner > body moisturiser, which is why I purchase products marketed for dry skin types.  #lazy.

Palmolive Body Butter in Strawberry Smoother*
I initially thought this was a body butter, and when I realised that it's actually an exfoliating body wash, I felt really cheated lol.  This is the most recent addition to my shower rotation, and I've been using it pretty frequently!  The scent of this reminds me of strawberry flavoured candy and has a slight lingering scent after use.  The formulation is somewhere between a thick shower gel and moisturiser, which probably explains the "body butter" name and contains "natural seeds" which can be seen from the clear bottle, to gently exfoliate the skin's surface.  I use this by itself (rather than with a wet sponge or cleansing puff, as it suggests) and it is gentle enough to be used daily as the seeds aren't too concentrated.    RRP at $6.49 and I would try out other scents within this range- you can never go wrong with fruity :)

Out of the products mentioned in this post, I would probably repurchase the Nivea In-shower Skin Conditioner and the Palmolive Body Butter.  As with the former two, I can see myself getting sick of the scent eventually, both rather distinct scents that I’m not overly fond of.  I’m constantly looking for new shower/body care products to try out, so please leave recommendations below!  Out of the products mentioned in this post, I usually just use a combo of the two, and call it a day :). 


What products do you use to keep body skin moisturised?


*Gifted, all opinions are honest.

3 comments:

  1. Shhhhh....while I adore my massive stash of shower gels and such, I can't help but wonder if they're actually delivering their claims. How moisturizing can a body wash be if it's on the skin for around one minute??? IDK IF IT'S JUST ME THOUGH. I NEED THE SCIENCE.

    Palmolive doing shower gels though??? IT'S SO WEIRD...BUT NOT AS IT DOES KINDA MAKE SENSE. I've also got shower gels from Herbal Essences. It's the same packaging as their shampoos, so I can't wait to take that out and see how frustrated my family get in the shower :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...I'd Love to have the Milk and Honey and the Pamolive wash!! I've only just been starting to use body washes but I'm still totally a slacker when it comes to actual moisturizing my skin. I live in hot and humid singapore so I rarely find a need to really moisturize my limbs at all although I should at least at night! If I do, I use very light textures of moisturizer like from Jergens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nivea shower lotion and Palmolive body wash are also in my shower and they're great!

    ReplyDelete